What’s this about?
We are looking for a Scrum Master to support a new development team. This role will encourage people to do things differently in a new department utilising human-centred design with an agile mindset to tackle complex problems in original ways.
With a great variety of potential projects in the portfolio, there are many different areas to investigate, so you’ll certainly not be bored! We’re looking for a Scrum Master with the ability to tackle varied problem areas in terms of people, industry and scenarios. Candidates should be able to create the environment for a team to deliver value, be highly independent, confident in their abilities and flexible enough to adapt to an evolving landscape.
- Guiding the team and organisation on how to use Agile/Scrum practices and values.
- Guiding the team on how to get the most of out self-organisation.
- Assessing the Scrum Maturity of the team and organisation and coaching the team to higher levels of maturity, at a pace that is sustainable and comfortable for the team and organisation.
- Removing impediments or guiding the team to remove impediments.
- Building a trusting and safe environment where problems can be raised without fear of blame, retribution, or being judged, with an emphasis on healing and problem-solving.
- Facilitating getting the work done without coercion, assigning, or dictating the work.
- Facilitating discussion, decision making, and conflict resolution.
- Assisting with internal and external communication, improving transparency, and radiating information.
- Supporting and educating the Product Owner, especially on grooming and maintaining the product backlog.
- Providing all support to the team using a servant leadership style whenever possible, and leading by example.
- Experience in playing the Scrum Master role.
- Good skills and knowledge of servant leadership, facilitation, situational awareness, conflict resolution, continual improvement, empowerment, and increasing transparency.
- The experience in applying a wide variety of well-documented patterns and techniques to enhance the Scrum approach (e.g. progress visualisation techniques, retrospective formats, approaches for handling bugs, etc.).
Preferred Skills/Experience (Any of these is a plus):
- Knowledge and experience of other agile, lean and DevOps approaches (e.g. XP, Kanban, TDD, continuous integration, continuous delivery, automation, etc.)
- Excellent communication and mentoring skills.